We accept both team and individual requests to participate within our league. We ask that you carefully read the league information below which provides detailed
information about the Pickering Men’s Slo-Pitch League. The process for signing up
is explained following the information section.
1. The minimum age to join the league is 18 years of age by December 31 of the current year. Individuals or teams that make application agree to abide by and comply with the rules, by-laws and constitution of the Pickering Men’s Slo-Pitch League Inc.
2. League games are played from early May through to the end of September. All
league games are scheduled at various times on Sunday as follows: 11:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Each team is scheduled to play sixteen games across thirteen weeks, which includes three double headers. For each game, excluding tournament finals and league playoff finals, no new inning commences after one hour and fifteen minutes.
3. League games are not scheduled on long weekends (eg: Victoria Day).
4. Two tournaments are conducted annually, one in June and one in August. Games are played on Friday night and Saturday. Entrance is optional and players participating must all be members of the same team. Please note: There is a regular schedule of Sunday games following the tournament.
5. Playoffs are conducted over four Sundays beginning at the end of August or first weekend following Labour Day in September (double knockout format).
6. Bases, balls and carded umpires are provided by the league.
7. It is the responsibility of the teams to provide their players with a uniform. It is mandatory for each team’s players to be wearing a uniform that consists of similar shirts with unique individual numbers in order to play in a game.
8. The league fee for new teams, effective 2012 is $1,450.00 (which includes a $100 deposit). Cost per player is set by individual teams. The fee for returning teams is $1,350.00. Fees must be paid, a roster of fourteen or more players must be submitted and teams must advise in writing of any special schedule requests or circumstances on Registration Night in February each year.
9. The league operates six divisions, five of which are open divisions and one is a Masters division. The masters division is for players 40 years or age and older.
10. Teams defaulting games are fined $25 (second regular season default and $50 thereafter), $50 (for each tournament game) or $100 (for each playoff game). Team failing to be represented at our Bi Annual General Meetings are levied $50 fines as team representation is mandatory at both meetings. Our Bi Annual
General meetings occur in April and November.
If you wish to sign yourself up and be placed on a team, click here.
If you wish to sign a team up within the league, please email our league registrar.